- 2 pounds of skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup of chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1/4th cup of all purpose flour
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- ½ teaspoon of ground thyme
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons of baking powder
- 3/4th cups of buttermilk
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and chicken on medium heat until your chicken is browned for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add your celery and sauté it.
- Add 1/4th cup of flour before slowly adding the thyme, carrots and chicken broth. Stir it well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil before covering it and reducing the heat. Allow it to simmer for another 20 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- As you simmer it, prepare the dumplings by mixing the baking powder and flour together.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk while stirring it so it’s mixed thoroughly. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Once it’s finished, drop in some dough inside of the chicken stew mixture. Cover it and cook it on medium to low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Put it in freezer bags to freeze it. On cooking day, just reheat it after you thaw it.
- Serve and enjoy!